Saturday 28 January 2012

Abide by your Employer’s Code of Conduct

It is important that you know your company’s policies on Email and Internet use, especially since you will be required to sign a document stating that you have read and understood them. I am sure many of you have seen these documents and briefly read through them and signed the document but it is important that you understand their policies so you don’t find yourself in a situation where you could be terminated. It will not be possible to say that you didn’t know. Over my next few blogs, I will be talking about how to avoid getting fired over internet use.

Have you or do you know anyone that has been fired due to internet misuse?

2 comments:

  1. Misuse of the internet at work is common from my own experience, I regularly see people online on facebook or worse, looking at adult material, that's where I've seen someone get fired before. I find companies are getting better at blocking certain sites and monitoring what employees are using the internet for.

    Which always ends up a point of contention among workers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When people are at work they should just try to avoid going on websites they are not allowed to go on, because if they get caught they will lose their job, and thats not worth it.

    ReplyDelete